As you are aware, health benefit costs continue to rise. In the past, employers have tried to lessen these costs by adopting managed care strategies, shifting costs to employees, and reducing benefits. These solutions are no longer effectively controlling costs and are depressing the value of health benefits for employee recruitment and retention. An alternative strategy to contain costs is to improve the health of employees so that less medical care is required.
Benefits of Employee Health Education
By providing education to employees specifically on how to improve eating habits, reduce stress, and increase healthy lifestyle activities like exercise, your organization will experience the following benefits:
- Reduction in chronic disease – up to 80%!
- Decreased healthcare costs – one example sites a 2% reduction in the first year alone!
- Reduced absenteeism
- Increased productivity
- Increased employee morale
- Enhanced workplace culture
- Attract more talented employees and experience less turnover